Friday, June 28, 2013

Picton

I am so happy to be able to release my Picton Set, it is now available for purchase.

This started with wanting to knit more of the lovely texture on the Shelley Bay and so I cast on a cowl, and it just knit itself.. and I had yarn left... so the hat happened. And I loved it. And my daughter kept stealing it.

10ply/worsted Cowl

Which led to me thinking that this could be a pattern for all sizes and unisex too. And while I'm at it, why not add some more yarn weights too.

Grey - 8ply/Dk, Teal - 5ply/Sport and Raspberry 4ply/fingering

The Picton Beanie and Cowl, are written to be knit in 4ply (fingering/sock), 5ply (sport), 8ply(DK) and 10ply (worsted) weights!  In each yarn weight, the pattern takes on a different look. In the lighter weights - i.e. the Raspberry above it looks like a lovely texture, while in the 8ply and 10ply, the cable is much more obvious.

The Hat is written for Premature, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Woman, and Man sizes in all the yarn weights listed above.

Its a simple cable which I have included both a chart and written instructions for, as well as instructions to knit it without a cable needle.

The Cowl is written in the Four yarn weights with both a short and long option, and is easy to customise to whatever length you like.

You can also buy the patterns in an Ebook and get a lovely discount.

It sounds like a lot of pattern, but its not a difficult pattern and the different yarn weights are separated to make it easy to read. It has been test knit and Tech Edited. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Pop over to Ravelry and check them out!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely. You did it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented and creative! Your designs are always lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty set, clever you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many sizes and weights - that must have been a lot of work to plan out and coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the fun thing about using different
    ply yarns, how each piece varies and takes on
    a new form. Love the picton, looks great.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see a new pattern from you, but this is a collection! Wonderful and inspired as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Business Phone Service is ideal for small business and entrepreneurs. It gives a professional image and make sure that you don't miss a single call. Few months back, I decided to buy Hosted pbx from Telcan. You can get more information here: Business Phone Service

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add word verification back to my blog, TOO many spammers driving me crazy! Sorry.


I try to reply to all comments - you will need to have your email address linked to your profile :D