Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Alec


Alec was the name of my Poppa, my Dad's Dad. Because he died well before I was born, in fact before Mum met my Dad, I have always thought of him as Alec, as that's how I heard him talked about. So when I was looking for a male name recently for my new design, it just seemed right.

 
Alec is designed to be the sweater for any occasion, wearing this, your young man will be ready for anything! With a subtle, and easy to knit, texture on the front and a buttoned placket.

 The collar is optional, and the pattern also includes instructions for short sleeves too. 
Knit with traditional raglan shaping, and using your favourite DK weight yarn (22st gauge), this pattern includes sizes from 6months - 10 years. 

Although this sweater was designed with boys in mind, it is equally suitable for girls! 
Some of my wonderful Test Knitters Alecs.
You can check out this pattern on Raverly HERE. And to launch it, I will be offering a discount for the first 48 hours, just click to find out more.

The adult of version of this is currently being developed, I am finally knitting my husband a sweater!

ALSO - signups for the Red Riding Hood Yarn club open today 10pm NZT so if you are keen, pop over here to read more.

10 comments:

  1. What a great sweater! I love all the different versions in your photo collage. And please tell your son he is a very handsome model. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you would release your newest design! It is very cute (and perfect for a little boy). If you do end up making a version for adults, my mother would probably love the design, it is definitely her style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is great, I love the neckline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just perfect! I will be checking that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sweater, love it! Beautiful design as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great pattern for boys :) As always, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater! Love everything for boys!
    Seems like almost everywhere i look, patterns is for girls! Thankful for your creation.First time at your blog! Like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable sweater! I love seeing all the different test knit versions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous jumper and the model looks pleased with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful sweater design! I love the placket neck opening. This one is a serious contender for my picky little guy. He doesn't like sweaters with tight necks. You have one cute sweater model, too!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add word verification back to my blog, TOO many spammers driving me crazy! Sorry.


I try to reply to all comments - you will need to have your email address linked to your profile :D