Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ashill Socks

Today I have released a new sock pattern, and was surprised looking back through my blog that you haven't seen either of the pairs I have knit!

I designed the Ashill Socks on a bit of a whim, I wanted to knit something a wee bit pretty, that wasn't overly complicated, and this lacy leaf panel looked like just the ticket. The rest of the sock is plain, which I always appreciate either side of a lace chart.



The lace is both written out, and charted, and it really isn't difficult. The socks are knit cuff down, because I just cannot resist the fun of turning a heel.


The socks below were the originals, and I LOVE them, however they didn't photograph as well as I would have liked for pattern photos, hence the lighter, brighter pair!

The Ashill Socks are named after an area in Ireland where my Ancestors were, and travelled to New Zealand from. The area was named for the Ash trees in the area. Perhaps I should have kept my Green, Irish inspired socks to release on St Patricks day!

You can check out my testers pairs in the projects page of the pattern on Ravelry, I know some have linked already, and the rest will follow shortly :) 

You can purchase the pattern for yourself, and knit yourself a pretty pair of Ashill Socks, either via the Ravelry page, or directly here for $4.50 US

14 comments:

  1. Shame on you holding out on us! Those socks are much to pretty to hide. The dark green pair are my favorite and I love the inspiration behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pattern! Can the pattern be adapted to have the leaves point the same way in toe-up socks, or will the leaves have to be upside-down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure to be completely honest! They are fairly simple decreases and YOs for the lace, but I haven't actually tried it yet :)

      Delete
  3. These are going to make the perfect present for my mum and Shelly Bay for my niece! Thank you for being so clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You still have 2 weeks to join the Shelley Bay KAL too ;)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty - I'm glad they are cuff down - I like the lace pattern better that way up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely socks! I actually think the dark green pair photographed nicely. It is interesting to see the socks in the two different shades. IT's like they have two different personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, you made a lovely pair of socks! Simple and cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lime green is outstanding! Both the yarns you've used here do nicely at showcasing your leafy lace design. And, I agree, it is nice to have a plain stitch on either side of a lace chart; there's a nice balance to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love green so I like both pairs. Great pattern for socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really pretty! I like how you have the early spring light green and the summer dark green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking to myself as I read through the post and saw the pictures that those would be lovely socks to wear for St. Patricks Day. Then lo and behold you mention you named them for a place in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add word verification back to my blog, TOO many spammers driving me crazy! Sorry.


I try to reply to all comments - you will need to have your email address linked to your profile :D