Thursday, January 17, 2013

Feathered Mitts

My newest pattern is now available on Ravelry.


The Feathered Mitts were designed when I discovered I really don't like knitting socks with yarn without nylon or similar in them, and I have quite a few sock yarns that fall into this category! 

These pretties are knit in Malabrigo Sock and only used a third of the skein (34g)! Which makes this pattern perfect for leftovers, or gift knitting. They knit up quickly and the feathered lace at the end makes them more interesting than plain mitts.

I also knit a pair using more than one colour, true stash busting as these were both yarns left over from other projects.

If you are on my mailing list you should have received a discount for all my accessory patterns today (this one included). If you aren't already on my mailing list, may I suggest you sign up here, to ensure you don't miss out on my next promo!


In other news, my gorgeous model (daughter) got glasses today!

 

Due to a very strong family history of Strabismus (both sides!) she is the 'lucky' gene inheritor of our family, she is adapting well, they are fairly strong, I can't see a thing through them, but she is suddenly aware of things I thought she could always see!

9 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks so cute in her glasses! I remember my first pair, and suddenly being able to see things I didn't know were even there. She's lucky she's growing up during a trend where glasses are hip and quirky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern :) Especially your blue pair !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I especially like the navy/white version you have pictured here. These are lovely.

    I hope your daughter adjusts to her new glasses easily. I remember getting my first pair when I was about her age. She looks adorable in her frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I got my discount and am just loving all your new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the blue ones. That little bit of white on the edge is just perfect! You are amazing with the number of patterns you release while still knitting wonderful things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mitts. I added them to my queue. The one with the stripes at the top might be what I try when I am ready for doing a stripey pattern. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments on my blog!